F14 naming

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Apr 20 22:18:49 UTC 2010

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 01:19:29PM -0400, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Paul W. Frields (stickster at gmail.com) said:
> > Ah yes, it's also time for the naming process.  I've revised the
> > proposed schedule here:
> > https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Name_suggestions_for_Fedora_14
> >
> > Basically, we can open suggestions for names for Fedora 14 tomorrow.
> > The schedule listed here allows us to have an election for the F14
> > name and announce results before the release of F13, and leaves time
> > over a weekend both for suggestions from the community, and voting by
> > the community.
>
> What lucky person gets to do the name weeding?

Was that an offer of help? :-)

The wiki is fair game for people to help, since there are some easy to
run tests included in the guidelines.  Many people who submit
suggestions don't run the tests, unfortunately.

Bill Nottingham and Josh Boyer helped in previous iterations, and I'm
sure they'd love it if someone else stepped forward to assist this
time.