Next public IRC Board meeting

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 6 14:48:48 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 6, 2010 at 9:28 AM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> The Board agreed publicly that if needed, the level of order in the
> IRC meetings could be increased incrementally to make them more
> effective.  Here is how I'd propose to escalate that level, one
> meeting at a time, stopping when things seem to work OK:
>
> 1. Avoid using VOICE, and employ a self-regulated meeting protocol
>   like our Ambassadors do in their regional meetings (!/?/eof/+1):
>   https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicate/IRCHowTo#Protocol
>
> 2. Bring in a non-Board moderator to facilitate the above process,
>   through gentle reminders to participants.
>
> 3. Have the non-Board moderator employ VOICE to facilitate the
>   meeting.

This sounds like a good plan to me. I do always get a bit disoriented
with the protocol though if there isn't someone to indicate it is a
good time to go ahead and ask your question once you've raised your
hand. I would like to try without a moderator first, I know it would
help me if after the person who has the floor indicates he/she is
finished with an eof if someone from the board could somehow indicate
the board is finished discussing it too so we have a clear indication
we can proceed with the next question.

Thanks for moving this along Paul.

John