Fwd: Netrouting Discount information

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Fri Aug 6 21:33:53 UTC 2010

On Fri, 6 Aug 2010, Jared K. Smith wrote:

> FWIW, Kieran chatted with me about this on IRC.  I'm not sure where
> the best place to mention this is.  A "Discounts for Fedora Folks"
> wiki page?  Do we need to worry about the implication that we're
> somehow endorsing the people making these special offers?
>
> Thoughts?  Concerns?  (I've redacted a couple of the details below,
> just so it doesn't seem I'm advertising for them.)

I don't think their giving a discount is us endorsing them (not that we
wouldn't).  We did something similar for RH training a bit (obviously we
probably would endorse Red Hat).  But I'd love to see more companies step
up and do this.

The question, of course, is what is a "fedora folk"?  We had the training
discount for "Fedora Contributors" which we defined as CLA + 1 group.  But
then we had several people looking to meet that requirement that then
almost immediately disappeared.

	-Mike