Follow-ups from previous board meetings:

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Aug 13 22:23:51 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 17:20:12 -0400,
  Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> Here's some issues that have been raised at recent Board meetings that I
> believe still require some follow-up. What do you think?
>
> 1 - Jon suggested that FESCO should look at setting Anaconda's freeze
> date earlier in the cycle. I think someone needs to bring this up with
> FESCO.

I'd like to see disruptive updates (e.g. the Python 2.7 update and the
systemd feature) also occur earlier in the development cycle so as not
to create testing crunches for other development.

> 2 - We need to start working on a vision for Fedora. I'm not really sure
> where we should start. But we need to figure something out.

I do think making a better release for normal people (within the limits of
Fedora's principals) should be part of that. I'd like to be able to
recommend Fedora for friends and family and right now that's hard to do.

> 3 - Jared noted he would like to see FESCO
>    1) Making things more clear as to what constitutes a features being
> “100%” ready or “90%” ready; it’s not always clear what that means.

Yes, some guidlines of how to judge this would be nice. It may be that some
other description than a percentage would be simpler to understand.

> 8 - We had a question two public board meetings ago about an LTS
> equivalent. We had questions about this at the Fedora booth at LinuxCon
> this week. Should we write up some sort of statement/policy on this? Or
> at least include it in a FAQ?

Some explanation of why there isn't one and pointeres to other potential
solutions would be nice.

> 10 - Spins - do we want to revisit the issues they cause?

Probably. Spins needs some help (including a lead and a more permanent
wrangler). I am doing some stuff for spins that is keeping me from getting
stuff done for other parts of Fedora that more closely match my personal
interests. Currently I am reallocating time to spins activities because I
think it is important to the project. If that isn't the case, there are some
other things I would prefer to work on.