Appointment of Board Members.

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sat Aug 14 03:34:20 UTC 2010

On Fri, Aug 13, 2010 at 22:28:37 -0500,
  inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:

> This had a lot of initial appeal to me when I first read it but the
> downside is that it would remove opportunities for newer folks to
> participate. There does seem to be a fair number of one and done board
> members (folks joining the board only to leave after a single term).
> My impression from the ones who have spoken in public about their
> reasons is that being on the board is a fair amount of work and
> involves a fair amount of frustration. I'm curious if they would offer
> an opinion on whether they think the board would function better if it
> had fewer people?

I suspect that is the nature of boards. If you are really doing a good job
it's going to be work studying issues and you are going to have to deal
with things not always going your way.

I don't think there is a problem with people doing one term and then returning
back to being a normal community member. I'd rather see a series of people
with fresh ideas and wanting to get something done, then people who are
burnt out trudging on just cause.