Appointment of Board Members.

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Mon Aug 16 18:55:05 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-08-16 at 14:34 -0400, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
>  To me, it seems that FESCo has been giving
> up a lot of its duties, responsibilities, and powers and the Board has been
> absorbing them.

I think much of that is members of the fedora community (red
hat-employed and not red hat employed) doing the same thing.

they see fesco
they see fesco make a decision they disagree with
they see the board override a decision fesco makes
they conclude there is no point in talking to fesco

this happens in other groups with powers that are only in place if the
board backs them. For example the hall-monitors. When the 2nd-guessing
started of them and the board didn't back the decisions there the group
fell apart.

that is what it is.

-sv