Appointment of Board Members.

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 21:01:22 UTC 2010

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 2:23 AM, Mike McGrath  wrote:

> FWIW, one vendor doesn't "own" all the infrastructure.  We're a pretty
> diverse group as far as infrastructure goes with several sponsors.  It's
> something we've been working on for some time.

Yes and that is a very good thing.   Thanks for that.

> Let me rephrase your question though.  You're not just asking more people
> to step in but also remember you're asking for someone else to take on
> risk as well.  Right now Red Hat is completely liable for Fedora and what
> happens in it.
>
> It's not like $LARGE_VENDOR is beating down our door looking to give large
> sums of money in infrastructure, legal advice, personnel, etc.  What
> you're discussing isn't even worth talking about until someone else steps
> up and offers that.  I don't see that happening any time soon.

---

If you agree with the goal, then the burden is not on some large vendor to
be beating down on our door but for us within Fedora to reach out as much as
possible to other vendors and get them to participate.  I see that already
happening and would like to continue to see it moving forward to a point
where as much as our infrastructure is hosted outside of Red Hat systems as
possible.

Rahul