Appointment of Board Members.

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Mon Aug 16 21:18:56 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 16, 2010 at 15:01, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:

>> It's not like $LARGE_VENDOR is beating down our door looking to give large
>> sums of money in infrastructure, legal advice, personnel, etc.  What
>> you're discussing isn't even worth talking about until someone else steps
>> up and offers that.  I don't see that happening any time soon.
>
> ---
>
> If you agree with the goal, then the burden is not on some large vendor to
> be beating down on our door but for us within Fedora to reach out as much as
> possible to other vendors and get them to participate.  I see that already
> happening and would like to continue to see it moving forward to a point
> where as much as our infrastructure is hosted outside of Red Hat systems as
> possible.

There is a very big difference between giving us logins to an old
server in your data-center and saying "We will take responsibility for
the health of an overall organization." Many ISPs will do the first,
but very few want to get in on the second. As soon as risk and
responsibility become part of a conversation, the first question will
be "How is this going to make our shareholders richer? and if so
when?"

For that question to be answered, it must mean that the corporation is
going to know it has skin in the game.. that somehow losing Fedora
would cost it more than not helping.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.