Appointment of Board Members.

Max Spevack mspevack at fedoraproject.org
Tue Aug 17 01:07:35 UTC 2010

On Mon, 16 Aug 2010, Máirín Duffy wrote:

> Could the Board as a body appoint the appoined seats rather than just
> the FPL? Then I think these 3 points would still hold true?

Sure.

I think that the FPL has always shared not only the thinking behind
"what should be done with the appointed seats at any given board
turnover point" but also solicited suggestions and attempted to build
some level of consensus within the Board.

I'm guessing those conversations aren't in public summaries of Board
meetings, but they do happen.

Personally, anytime I see something that says "the FPL will decide $FOO"
I think you could rewrite it to say "the Board will decide $FOO, and the
FPL, as chair of the Board, needs to lead the decision making".

--Max, probably done for the night since his laptop battery is almost
dead and he doesn't have his power cord.