A vision statement

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Wed Aug 18 01:18:40 UTC 2010

Hi Ed,

On Wed, 2010-08-18 at 08:58 +0800, Ed Greshko wrote:
> I hesitate to include my input on this....but I would have some issues
> as well.
>
> I have never been a fan of what I consider to be unnecessary qualifiers
> when it comes to Vision Statements.  In the area of Our Mission I would
> strike the words "always" and "consistently".  Who wouldn't "always
> strive" or "consistently seek to improve"?

> Also, I would not say "on the part of many" since it lends itself to
> interpretation.  Since "many" doesn't imply "all" it may lead to some
> folks wondering things like "Who are the many?", "Am I one of the
> many?", "How are the many selected?".

I was completely lost until I finally realized you were commenting on
our mission statement, not the vision statement.

The mission statement was created and agreed upon a long time ago. That
isn't the subject here; I only included it in my original post for easy
reference. We're discussing the vision statement (see quote above),
which we have never as a project had before.

~m