Fedora Board Recap 2010-08-20

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Fri Aug 20 20:27:04 UTC 2010

link:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Meeting:Board_meeting_2010-08-20

== Roll Call ==
* Present: Jared Smith, Colin Walters, Stephen Smoogen, Jon Stanley,
Chris Tyler, Tom "spot" Callaway, Rex Dieter, Christopher Aillon
* Regrets: Matt Domsch, Máirín Duffy
* Assigned meeting secretary:  Paul Frields

== Agenda ==

=== Updates ===
* Fedora 14 Alpha deemed GOLD at go/no-go meeting
** Meeting on Wed night, one potential issue decided not a blocker.

* Fedora 14 slogan
** Marketing team proposed some options, one was approved by legal, but
was found to conflict with one used already.  So slogan choice is being
revisited on marketing list.

* Discussion regarding Fedora governance
** Lots of good discussion on advisory-board list, and the board will
revisit soon.
** (spot) no oversight over appointments.  proposal: a majority of the
board must approve appointments.  will vote on this next week.

=== Review of open tickets ===
* Ticket 78: Vision statement
** Will revisit again next week when Máirín is present.
** (jsmith) shared an initial draft of his own.
** Discussion around a vision describing where we are vs where we want
to go.
** '''ACTION''': Board members encouraged to comment on Máirín's
proposal onlist, as well as being more active on advisory-board list in
general.

* Ticket 79: Anthropology Report
** http://➡.ws/fedora-anthro-report
** '''ACTION''': Board members, please review the report.  homework:
Bring back notes and suggestions.

* Ticket 80: Ways to improve Board Q&A
** Find ways to help moderate questions on irc.

* Ticket 81: start.fedoraproject.org
** Brainstorm for where we want this domain to land short-term, until a
better one has been designed.  Pandas?  Embarassing photos of Paul?
** (smooge) motion: ask marketing team to adjust start.fedoraproject.org
as they best see fit.
** '''ACTION''': jsmith to update ticket and send email to marketing list

=== Other Board Business ===
* Rex working on Community Working Group charter
* Consider different meeting time/day ?
** Friday has problem of carry-over momentum being lost.
** '''ACTION''': jsmith to send out email to revisit meeting times

== Next meeting ==
* Next meeting: 2010-08-27 UTC 18:00, public IRC meeting
** Entire time for Q&A
** Limit questions to 8 minutes, unless the Board wants to extend by
another 5 minutes
** Hard Limit of 1 hour for entire meeting