A vision statement

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Aug 30 16:25:00 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 10:31:05 -0400,
  Tom spot Callaway <tcallawa at redhat.com> wrote:

> for us to tell them where to go to work. I'm interested in hearing where
> the community thinks we are weak, and where it thinks we should improve,
> and without naming specific technologies (please, no "get rid of
> RPM/KDE/Emacs/$PACKAGE").

There are currently a significant number of cases where people have issues
with video card support.

We occasionally break significant things in released versions of Fedora. I
think we need to be better about not doing that.

I think some of our big changes get rushed trying to get into a release, when
it would be a lot easier to target one release later. Rushing things tends
to cause issues with testing for other people working on things and seems
to result in new these new things having more problems than they should
at release time.