Pressed media idea

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 30 16:29:34 UTC 2010

On Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 11:18 AM, Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just a small difference in perspective -- a lot of people requested 64bit.
> For the large mass of people who just took what was offered to them we don't
> know if they actually wanted 64bit but stayed quiet, if 32bit was what
> they needed, or if they could have used 64bit if it was offered.

I think it is safe to just leave the production decision to those on
the ground in the various regions around the world. They interact with
the people getting the media, they know the local trends and
availability of the different platforms (at least better than we do).
While nothing will ever be perfect, they are best situated to make the
best decision about the needs in their communities.

All this feedback would be much more helpful on the ambassador list
where the folks doing this work would see it and perhaps participate
in it. It really is helpful feedback, but I'm not sure how many people
subscribe to this list and they probably don't expect this sort of
ambassador work to be discussed here.

John