Board/FESCo mission/vision FAD

Jon Masters jonathan at jonmasters.org
Tue Aug 31 16:24:37 UTC 2010

On Tue, 2010-08-31 at 10:22 -0400, Max Spevack wrote:
> On Tue, 31 Aug 2010, Jon Stanley wrote:
>
> > I 100% agree with all of that. Max holds the purse strings to holding
> > a FAD - note that in the message that started this thread on the
> > board-private list, and Max reposted here, he specifically said he's
> > not against the idea of holding 3-4 useful FAD's around this. Sounds
> > like you've just proposed another, maybe 2. Get on organizing them -
> > realizing of course that you're hugely busy with FUDCon organization
> > efforts, you might want to find someone to as well :)
>
> 3-4 FADs around *anything*.  Some of it could be Board/FESCO related as
> per this thread, and some of it could be in service of a specific
> feature or release deliverable for F14 (or even F15).

I'd like to see FADs around cross-functional team building. For example,
I would really like to see a "Plumbing" gathering at LPC or a FUDCon, or
similar, in which those of us who touch the bowels of the system can
talk strategy for the next 1/2 releases. It's ok to do stuff like
systemd if it's deemed useful, but let's talk about it first and get
input from the different folks involved in integration of this stuff.

btw, does anyone see value in setting up a few sub-group mailing lists,
linux plumbers@ for those of us doing udev/modules/init/etc.?

Jon.