Request: please consider clarifying the project's position on Spins

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Dec 1 21:54:55 UTC 2010

> There is also the question of who /tests/ the things that are produced.

On that topic I should make it clear that my goal with enforcing testing
for popular spins was to have the QA group *co-ordinate* testing, but
have the relevant spin SIGs contribute significantly to actually
performing it. This worked out quite well in practice for F14 final; we
got the test matrices almost completed for all four top spins, with
members of the KDE, XFCE and LXDE SIGs contributing most of the testing
for the final RC.

I don't think it'd be sustainable in the long term to have required
testing for the spins, but not have the spin SIGs contribute to that
testing.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey