Board Strategic Working Group Meeting Recap 2010-02-01
poelstra at redhat.com
Mon Feb 1 22:14:40 UTC 2010
== Roll Call ==
* Attendees: Mike McGrath, John Poelstra, Colin Walters, Paul Frields,
* Regrets: Chris Tyler, Matt Domsch
== Setting Strategy ==
* Work on:
* Why the Fedora the Board (and this workgroup) are pursuing these
strategic issuses and the benefits that will result to Fedora from
investing time in them.
* Added a new section with latest iteration:
* NEXT ACTIONS: John to propose to full board for acceptance
== Individual Progress Updates ==
=== Mike ===
* Did some research and work on ''crowdsourcing'' as it related to the
question of "1,000 contributors"
** Does answering the pros/cons of crowdsourcing really help us?
** Cons: Can add cost to the project
*** For Fedora -- gets done less efficiently, possibly?
** Is the end product higher or lower quality?
* Seemed like a good question at the time, do not see need to pursue
further--mike will add reasoning and bullets and close out topic
=== Paul ===
* working on default offering question and spins
* next: Go to Spins SIG and ask some pointed questions about default
** on what basis do you think the Project would decide to change?
* Next meeting will have Default offering page written up for review and
=== Colin ===
* working on Spins questions and starting wiki pages
* will link pages into
=== John ===
* Worked on ''personas'' and ''target audience'' page
* Linked in some pages
* Next meeting will have Personas page written up for review and discussion
== Meeting Quality ==
* John raised question of meeting quality and format and if people felt
that the meetings were working
* Everyone present felt that the meetings were working fine and no
changes were needed at this time
== Next Meeting ==
* February 8, 2010 @ 15:00 EST
[[Category:Strategic working group meetings]]
More information about the advisory-board