RFC: Organizational Changes – Engineering Service

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri Feb 5 19:23:43 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 05, 2010 at 14:19:52 -0500,
  Josh Boyer <jwboyer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Is there a reason FESCo can't just put these out as action items that
> need to be worked and announce via devel-announce?

I think idea is to be able to know (with some degree of confidence) that a
task will get done when they allocate it. Which allows for better planning
than a plea for help where it is not know whether or not anyone will
volunteer.

Certainly people can and to some extent it happens now. Perhaps this should
also be being done more than it is now.

Also I wouldn't restrict it to devel. It may be appropriate to ask for
volunteers on the user list for some kinds of tasks.