#fedora and freenode registration

Robert 'Bob' Jensen bob at fedoraunity.org
Fri Feb 12 01:15:34 UTC 2010

----- "Jesse Keating" <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:

> I don't get plonked into #fedora-unregistered by way of #fedora, I
> get
> there by way of #fedora-qa.  That seems to indicate that more than
> one
> channel dumps into there, and i had a hard time figuring out /which/
> Fedora channel had plonked me in there so that I could re-join now
> that
> freenode caught up with my proxy.  All I'm asking is if it is
> possible
> to give the user some breadcrumbs to get back to where they were
> trying
> to be.

I was not aware that -qa was also using that channel. I am not sure what we can do for breadcrumbs because this happens on the server level... I really doubt that the freenode ircd has functionality for this.

Perhaps a #fedora-qa-unregistered would be a solution?

-- Bob

|       Robert 'Bob' Jensen        ||       Fedora Unity Founder       |
|       bob at fedoraunity.org        ||      http://fedoraunity.org/     |
|                   http://bjensen.fedorapeople.org/                   |
|                http://blogs.fedoraunity.org/bobjensen                |
|                   http://www.facebook.com/rpjensen                   |