Response to "Getting Fedora Out of the If-Then Loop"

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Thu Feb 18 18:33:41 UTC 2010

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010, Adam Miller wrote:

> I'm just going to be straight with it, would the Board be happier if
> the entire Spins SIG closed up shop and we got KDE, Xfce, LXDE, or
> anything else that were to pop up completely out of the repositories
> so that we can focus on the golden child? Is that what this is about?
> Because at this point I'm just tired of the ambiguity and if that is
> what's desired, then lets just say it and move on.

I'm actually generally unhappy with our 'golden child' and have been a
happy KDE user for years.  Adam, your response... and responses from
others... have been entirely fear based and I can assure you without
merit.  We really are just trying to address the problems we've identified
to make Fedora better.  Some have argued that there isn't a problem.
AFAIK not a single member of the board agrees with that so we continue to
look and do our best.

	-Mike