Response to "Getting Fedora Out of the If-Then Loop"

Josh Boyer jwboyer at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 18:39:50 UTC 2010

On Thu, Feb 18, 2010 at 12:17:01PM -0600, Adam Miller wrote:
>I'm just going to be straight with it, would the Board be happier if
>the entire Spins SIG closed up shop and we got KDE, Xfce, LXDE, or
>anything else that were to pop up completely out of the repositories
>so that we can focus on the golden child? Is that what this is about?
>Because at this point I'm just tired of the ambiguity and if that is
>what's desired, then lets just say it and move on.

Nope.  Not at all.  I won't speak for the whole Board, but I personally
think the Spins SIG is a great enabler for people that care enough to
pitch in and create a different flavor of Fedora.  I'll also note that
the Board has also done nothing to disallow, prevent, encumber, or
otherwise block any sort of package or spin that fits within our
various guidelines.

Really, this is not about Gnome vs. KDE vs. XFCE vs. LXDE vs. EL
vs. fvmw2 vs. <random other DE>.  Not all all.

josh