Apology for current firestorm

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 17:21:52 UTC 2010

I'm sorry the recent thread that I started in response to John's blog
post has gone off on all these tangents. I think it has been widely
misunderstood so let me try in fewer than 19 paragraphs to more
succinctly rephrase it.

I did not want to derail or impede the work the board and the
community are doing.

I did not want to propose and debate alternatives.

I did want to explain to John what one concern I have is that I know
is shared by at least some others in the community.

I did want to acknowledge that as one person in the community with
concerns I understand the reasons the board is doing this work and I
think they are legitimate.

What I hoped would result from it was that the board would understand
and perhaps acknowledge this concern and be mindful of it as it
continues with this work.

That was all.

John