Response to "Getting Fedora Out of the If-Then Loop"

Adam Miller maxamillion at fedoraproject.org
Fri Feb 19 19:27:03 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 9:04 AM, Greg DeKoenigsberg <gdk at redhat.com> wrote:
<SNIP>
> * Issue: Usability folks have never once given a moment's thought to Xfce!
>
> * Possible resolution: each spin gets an hour of the Fedora design team's
> time each month to discuss issues...

<SNIP>
While I appreciate you advocating for Xfce, but I don't entirely see
this as a task for the Usability folks, the same way I don't think its
the QA team's responsibility to perform QA efforts for every single
spin. Would it be nice? yes. Is it realistic to expect a team to
continuously have their work load added to without added QA community
members? No, not really. I joined the QA Community because I wanted to
help make sure that the Xfce Spin was of high quality come release day
just as I think every Spin and their respective SIG should be expected
to put in the time and effort to make things happen for their
respective areas. Working with the QA team to help with QA has a
positive outcome and from what I can tell, is effective. I think we
should apply the same logic to usability. If a member of the Xfce SIG
(or any SIG) felt that we were lacking in things that would benefit
from Usability community member input then I think they should
"scratch the itch" and embrace the usability community, learn some
methods, apply them to the Spin and eventually work along with the
Usability community instead of simply just handing them work and
saying "can you do this? k thnx"

-AdamM

--
http://maxamillion.googlepages.com