Response to "Getting Fedora Out of the If-Then Loop"

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Feb 19 22:33:58 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-02-19 at 22:47 +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> No, I never expected to get the same amount of resources than the
> default spin, because this would be a preferential treatment of the Xfce
> or LXDE users compared to the large majority of our users. But I do
> expect to get at least *some* resources and some support for the things
> I work on. Instead I feel like the spins are treated as Fedora's unloved
> stepchildren.

It was my understanding that spins were going to be a serve yourself
kind of thing.  As stated, there is only so many resources to go around,
and in order to provide 9!! spin flavors, you're not going to get
anything out of releng other than running the command to make the image
show up and shoving it over to the torrent server.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!