Response to "Getting Fedora Out of the If-Then Loop"

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Fri Feb 19 22:36:29 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-02-19 at 16:34 -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
> On Fri, 19 Feb 2010, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> >
> >  * Little support by marketing: Was there ever done any marketing for the spins?
> >

> What marketing was done for the desktop spin?

I think this is causing some confusion.

Desktop wasn't supposed to be a "spin".  Desktop is a live version of
part of what was on the DVD set.  KDE is the same thing, a live version
of some of what was on the DVD set.  They are not things /different/
from the DVD set, which is what the Spins are.  Somewhere along the way
"spin" got slapped onto anything that was live media, which I don't
think is right.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!