Response to "Getting Fedora Out of the If-Then Loop"

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Feb 19 22:39:21 UTC 2010

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 1:26 PM, Robyn Bergeron
<robyn.bergeron at gmail.com> wrote:
> It seems like there is a definite disconnect on what needs to be done
> as far as timing, scheduling, etc for the spins, at least from reading
> this.  Fedora gets pumped out every 6 months because we operate on a
> tight, well-defined schedule.  It seems like sitting down and defining
> what a timeline might be for doing these things for a spin would be a
> good idea, particularly if we can define how it would work in relation
> to the overall Fedora schedule.
>
> Workflow is a good thing. Defining it and publishing it is even
> better.  If others feel that this is a definite, ongoing problem, then
> we should resolve it together, not point fingers at each other.

Would it be advisable to have important Marketting,Design,etc..
request deadlines on
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/Schedule#Development_Schedule
and associated release schedules like:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/13/Schedule

as a one-stop overview that puts request deadlines in context with a
release cycle?

I'm also not sure there's an understood expectation on how long an
initial spin approval process takes so in the case of LXDE spin
specifically the entire process could have been started too late in
the F13 release cycle to get support from other groups in a timely
manner.

-jef