Response to "Getting Fedora Out of the If-Then Loop"

Thomas Janssen thomasj at fedoraproject.org
Sat Feb 20 17:39:34 UTC 2010

2010/2/20 Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com>:
> On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 01:39:21PM -0900, Jeff Spaleta wrote:
>> On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 1:26 PM, Robyn Bergeron
>> <robyn.bergeron at gmail.com> wrote:
>> > It seems like there is a definite disconnect on what needs to be done
>> > as far as timing, scheduling, etc for the spins, at least from reading
>> > this.  Fedora gets pumped out every 6 months because we operate on a
>> > tight, well-defined schedule.  It seems like sitting down and defining
>> > what a timeline might be for doing these things for a spin would be a
>> > good idea, particularly if we can define how it would work in relation
>> > to the overall Fedora schedule.
>> >
>> > Workflow is a good thing. Defining it and publishing it is even
>> > better.  If others feel that this is a definite, ongoing problem, then
>> > we should resolve it together, not point fingers at each other.
>
> I agree.  It's very frustrating to see contributors who feel they are
> not being valued make other contributors feel the same way.  In a lot
> of cases the problems are miscommunication or misunderstanding, and
> blowing that up into bad intentions is not helpful.

Sorry, for posting that so late. I had a hard long workday without any
access to a computer.

It looks like i was the one contributor who started and made other
contributors feel bad. It wasn't me alone who felt like that. I
thought this might be clear after others added their thoughts as well.
But anyways, i think i learned something. Next time i shut up in the
first place.

--
LG Thomas

Dubium sapientiae initium