Request for help with Fedora Personas

Robyn Bergeron robyn.bergeron at gmail.com
Wed Feb 24 12:41:08 UTC 2010

2010/2/24 Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org>:
> On Wed, 2010-02-24 at 00:39 -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:
>> On Tue, Feb 23, 2010 at 06:32:52PM -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
>> > Is this something that could be turned into a FAD? Thinking similar to
>> > what happened at SCaLE, or FOSDEM - a bunch of people are going to be
>> > somewhere -anyway-, this would be a great task to work on / make a FAD
>> > out of.
>> >
>> > Red hat summit, Linuxcon come to mind, Linuxfest NW, see infinite list
>> > of awesome events.   Would be great to see this wrapped up :)
>>
>> My understanding of personas (which is limited I'm sure) is that they
>> get some sort of initial creation, and then are refined over time.
>> I'm not sure whether that means they can be directly translated to a
>> FAD.
>>

> Could be a FAD to get the initial research and persona set created
> though?

I was mostly referring to the short-term actions listed on
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Poelstra/Target_audience_personas
---

"Approximately 10 hours of work (possibly more) remains to interview
people and collect the data.
Several more hours after interviews to analyze the data and start
developing personas based on it."

Sorry, I should have been more specific. :) It seems like a group of
people could knock out interviews in the morning after a quick
"what-to-do" briefing, and then sprint away on developing personas in
an afternoon to have a good starting point.

-Robyn