F13 talking points have been chosen - help us add in details!

Mel Chua mel at redhat.com
Wed Feb 24 15:56:20 UTC 2010

You may recall the Marketing team asking for help selecting the F13
talking points last week - thanks to a great many people who
participated, we were able to wrap up the discussion today (which you
can see at
and are happy to announce that the F13 talking points have been chosen.

Here they are! From https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_13_Talking_Points:

     * 1 For desktop users and everyone
           o 1.1 Automatic print driver installation
           o 1.2 Automatic installation of language packs
           o 1.3 Redesigned user management interface
           o 1.4 Color management
           o 1.5 NetworkManager improvements include CLI
           o 1.6 Experimental 3D extended to free Nouveau driver
     * 2 For administrators
           o 2.1 BFO
           o 2.2 Authconfig UI redesign
           o 2.3 Pioneering NSF features
           o 2.4 Zarafa
           o 2.5 Experimenting with btrfs
     * 3 For developers
           o 3.1 SystemTap static probes
           o 3.2 Easier Python debugging
           o 3.3 Parallel-installable Python 3
           o 3.4 NetBeans 6.8 first IDE to support entire Java 6 EE spec
     * 4 Spins
           o 4.1 Moblin Spin
           o 4.2 Sugar on a Stick Spin
           o 4.3 Design Studio Spin
           o 4.4 Security Spin

Now: to finish fleshing them out, we need your help. We're aiming for a
finished product like
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_12_Talking_Points. See the links
to feature pages, heavily hyperlinked descriptions, and catchy one-line
summaries at the end? That's what we need for all the F13 talking points.

If you know cool things about a talking point that should be mentioned,
good resources on it to link to, or otherwise have something to chip in,
please add it to the wiki page
(https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_13_Talking_Points); we'll be
cleaning up the final display next week right before the Alpha goes out.

Tally ho!

--Mel on behalf of the Marketing team