virtio-win drivers

Matt Domsch matt at domsch.com
Thu Jan 14 19:05:16 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jan 14, 2010 at 12:46:54PM -0600, Dennis Gilmore wrote:
> On Thursday 14 January 2010 10:30:45 am Justin M. Forbes wrote:
> This is not a board issue.  If we can not build it in fedora then we can not
> ship it period.  you are free to host it on your fedorapeople space and
> document how to get it.  Best thing to do would be for the upstream project to
> host the iso and make it available for download.
>
> virtio-win drivers are not something that fedora can realistically support.
> we cannot build them we cannot issue fixes.  we have no way to realistically do
> anything with them.

Fedora the distribution can't build these.  I agree.

Fedora the Project can, as members have shown.  In this case the open
source software requires non-Fedora software to build.

We do distribute content that isn't built in koji.  It's all at
http://alt.fedoraproject.org/pub/alt/.  We can't recreate the ogg
videos hosted there either. How is this different?

Thanks,
Matt