virtio-win drivers

Tim Burke tburke at redhat.com
Thu Jan 14 22:18:56 UTC 2010

Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> On 01/14/2010 04:05 PM, Adam Jackson wrote:
>
>> I'm less willing to believe that the mere hosting of code built
>> on other platforms is unmanageable, or intrinsically contrary to the
>> goals of the project.
>>

> Okay, I may have misread this. If all that is being asked of Fedora is
> to provide hosting space for these drivers, I suppose that is fine.
>
> To be clear (from my perspective):
>
>  * Including pre-built virtio-win driver in a Fedora package [ NOT OK ]
>  * Hosting pre-built virtio-win driver in a Fedora Hosted project (along
> with source) [ OK ]

The implications are that the "user experience" implications are that
the user will have to manually read all the instructions where it says
"go over to this other place to pick up the rest of the needed parts".

Meaning that there is a way to provide all the pieces in Fedora, just
that its not as convenient.