Wiki page for country

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Sun Jul 4 17:14:35 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2 Jul 2010, Máirín Duffy wrote:

> On Fri, 2010-07-02 at 23:08 -0400, Chris Tyler wrote:
> > I think we're pointing in the wrong direction here, and brainstorming
> > solutions to non-problems.
> >
> > We don't want to encourage fragmentation of the community along language
> > or geographic lines -- fedoraproject.org is *the* place we want the vast
> > majority of stuff to happen.
> >
> > In those very few cases where a strong local or language community has
> > shaped up and want to run with management of their own web presence, we
> > have the TLA or foo.fedoracommunity.org options available, both of which
> > clearly differentiate the content from fp.o. A good index page would be
> > a nice asset, but let's not get carried away with spreading ourselves
> > out across a bunch of domains.
>
> How many fedoracommunity.org domains are there now and how many do we
> expect there to be moving forward?

At the moment we have:

be.fedoracommunity.org
bd.fedoracommunity.org
ph.fedoracommunity.org
www.bd.fedoracommunity.org
uk.fedoracommunity.org (just a cname to fedora-uk.org)
vn.fedoracommunity.org

> > Consider: we don't want someone from -- oh, let's say Canada -- showing
> > up, realizing that there's neither a ca.fedoraproject.org nor a
> > ca.fedoracommunity.org site, and concluding that there's no one involved
> > with Fedora from her country (you can repeat the exercise with "us" or
> > any other country code in place of "ca"). At the same time, I really,
> > really don't want to create a new domain just to "solve" this problem.
>
> Is a domain beyond fedoracommunity.org and fedoraproject.org being
> proposed by anyone? I'm not proposing that.

I don't think anyone is encouraging it but there are several non-fedora
controlled domains (Like the fedora-uk.org above)

	-Mike