How to be a successful contributor

David Nalley david at gnsa.us
Wed Jul 7 19:38:45 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 3:12 PM, inode0 <inode0 at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 7, 2010 at 1:52 PM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:
>> With the help of some others I've put this document together:
>>
>> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_be_a_Successful_Contributor
>>
>> I intend on having it be required reading for new members of the
>> Infrastructure team as part of our GettingStarted page.  I thought I'd
>> mention it here in case others would like to make it part of their sign up
>> process.
>>
>> Questions / comments welcome.
>
> Personally, I would like to see this be something every potential
> contributor sees when visiting the wiki and looking around for how
> they might contribute. Very well done, Mike.

I largely agree that this is universally applicable for Fedora Project
contributors.
I told Mike on IRC (and will echo here) that I think we constantly
downplay the importance of IRC for participation in Fedora. It so
rapidly accelerates things, that I'd like to see it more prominently
discussed than it is, but I am just bikeshedding, so feel free to
/ignore me.