How to be a successful contributor

susmit shannigrahi thinklinux.ssh at gmail.com
Sun Jul 11 15:54:09 UTC 2010

> So, in effect, where we say "incredibly difficult to find a mentor", what we
> should be asking ourselves is "why is it difficult to find a mentor and more
> importantly, what can we do about it?". A solution as simple as a wiki page
> listing mentors and their location (physical proximity helps) might just solve
> that problem.

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Ambassadors_Join_choose_a_mentor#Regional_Ambassador_Mentors

Such listings for important teams will be very helpful for new people.
On the other hand, mentors *will* be inundated by mentoring requests.
So, a balanced approach, such as a task list as a first filter and
then proceeding with mentoring may be suitable.

--
Regards,
Susmit.