Swag for FUDCons

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 20:38:09 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 13:08, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:
> Mo Duffy brought up a good point in the Board IRC meeting:
>
> * * *
> <mizmo> jsmith, is there real value in the number of t-shirts we
> produce? could we be doing something to provide more value for the $?
> * * *
>
> Should we consider offering alternatives for FUDCon, or even general
> events?  Some of the ideas proposed:
>
> * Offer a choice for recipients to get something more {eco-friendly,
>  sustainable}, e.g. plant a tree
>
> * Offer the shirt in organic material if possible
>
> * Sell shirts to finance other parts of the event

Ok I would not be for selling swag. Swag is a time honored process
that market stuff to an attendees and everyone else who sees that
person wearing that T-shirt.The shirts that occur at an event should
be limited run "thanks for helping things" items.

I would be interested in selling items outside of the events that we
used to fund FUDcon and ambassadors. It would probably be a cross
venture with some outside 'company' getting a license to use the
Fedora Brand on certain items and then funds being split out.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.