Swag for FUDCons

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jul 19 20:30:37 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-07-19 at 16:21 -0400, Tom "spot" Callaway wrote:
> On 07/19/2010 04:18 PM, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> > On Mon, 2010-07-19 at 13:15 -0700, Luis Villa wrote:
> >> Note that selling things isn't necessarily just a money thing; people
> >> who have given you money and gotten swag in return have quite
> >> literally bought in, and that identification (for better or for worse)
> >> makes them more passionate advocates for what you're doing. In other
> >> words, they *want* to give you money as a form of contribution; it
> >> isn't a bad strategy to let them do that even if you don't actually
> >> need the money.
> >
> > Maybe funnel it to someone who can who we support? (FSF?)
>
> I suppose that is an option, but that tends to make things more
> complicated. What if someone likes Fedora but not the FSF (hey, it could
> happen)?

What if we have a rotating list we divy stuff out to?

E.g., for this FUDcon we'll make a donation to the GNOME foundation.
For this other event we'll donate to the Libre Graphics Meeting fund.
E.g.

We could also donate to events like GUADEC and the plumbers' conference
and maybe could get a sponsor logo placement for those events?

~m