Swag for FUDCons

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 20:58:48 UTC 2010

2010/7/19 Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org>:
> On Mon, 2010-07-19 at 15:46 -0500, inode0 wrote:
>> 2010/7/19 Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org>:
>> > We could also donate to events like GUADEC and the plumbers' conference
>> > and maybe could get a sponsor logo placement for those events?
>>
>> We sponsor events every year. Regional community people get together
>> and decide which events to sponsor and at what level now. This is part
>> of what ambassadors do.
>>
>> Let me ask what is the reason for wanting to collect money from
>> contributors to funnel to these other places? Help me refocus on the
>> fundamental goal.
>
> To add more value to handing out swag.

The basic theory is that those who are willing to pay for it will
actually use it more and that will bring additional benefit to the
project?

Please get finance and legal to say this is allowable and under what
conditions. We can't do anything of the sort with money from
contributors or others at present.

John