Search Engine on start.fedoraproject.org

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 00:55:05 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 3:41 PM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:
> But if our recourse is to install some software and can duplicate (or near
> duplicate) the functionality I think that's more feasible and realistic.

Well there's theoretically installable and then there is reality.
There's a lot of stuff out there that is a real pain in the ass to
setup. There's even stuff out there that's never actually been shown
to be replicable as a service outside the walls of the organization
that is using it internally...even though the code is available.

Maybe there has to be a demonstrably working installation of a
codebase in our infrastructure that provides the API compatible
service (in a virtual image or something) that can be shelved and then
brushed off at a later date.  Front load the work to having the basic
service up and running in our infrastructure before we rely on an
external service to provide the functionality.

-jef