Search Engine on start.fedoraproject.org

Frank Ch. Eigler fche at redhat.com
Fri Jul 23 20:11:27 UTC 2010

Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> writes:

> [...]  Take Red Hat Bugzilla for example [...]  Do we cease to use
> it simply because the source is unavailable? If we cease to use
> Google on start.fedoraproject.org, I don't see how we in good
> conscience could continue using Red Hat's Bugzilla.

If this is the best example people can come up with as a "not known to
be open source", then the opposite case must be strong.

But really, if there were a material, honest concern that somehow
bugzilla.redhat.com is insufficiently OSS, is it beyond the realm of
reason to "fork" it, that is to move/copy fedora bugs over to a new
fedora server?  (It's certainly less work than "forking" google.com.)

- FChE