Search Engine on start.fedoraproject.org

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 20:00:46 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 05:07:21PM -0400, Toshio Kuratomi wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 01:14:38PM -0400, Paul Frields wrote:
> > In any case, the language in the policy is fairly unclear about the
> > context for "linking" (web applications dynamically linking? or
> > providing a URL?). It needs to be revisited and better explained, so
> > I'd recommend that review become a Board action item -- not that it
> > has to be done in private meetings, but that the discussions be
> > tracked and resolved, and any changes documented in the policy, by a
> > specific date.
> >
> No.  This is an Infrastructure issue.

But the lack of clarity has an effect on other teams as well.  All I'm
suggesting is that the Board make sure to pay attention to the
discussions and changes, and see that they're finished in some finite
time.  Unfortunately my wording above is unclear and when I say, "I'd
recommend that review become a Board action item," it looks like I'm
saying "I'd recommend the Board take on the action of reviewing..."
when what I meant was "I'd recommend the Board review the way the
policy's changed."  Certainly we should be making sure that changes in
one part of the project and the effects they have on other parts of
the project are understood at that level?