Search Engine on start.fedoraproject.org

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Jul 29 17:59:10 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 10:19:32PM -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Mon, 26 Jul 2010 14:28:48 -0400
> Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>
> > Firefox *is* Fedora's default web browser, though.
>
> Sure.
>
> > That's certainly information we would benefit from pushing out. I'm
> > not sure that's the most useful information to someone using Fedora,
> > though. Why not just point to www.fedoraproject.org which is supposed
> > to allow people to accomplish those things anyway (in the non-default
> > browsers at least), and work on making the default browser experience
> > a better one as suggested?
>
> Fine with me.

Is there a general agreement that the default start page should point
to www.fp.o for now, and that we should kick off an initiative,
subsequent to finishing the web redesign(*), that provides that better
experience?

* * *
(*) I say "subsequent" because I imagine it would include the Design
and Websites teams that are working on the web redesign project.
Thinking about stretching too thinly.