Community domain request

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 16:13:51 UTC 2010

Hello Tuan!

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 10:55:07AM +0700, Truong Anh. Tuan wrote:
>    Dear Fedora Advisory Board,
>
>    I would like to request for a sub domain for Vietnamese Fedora community.
>
>    The sub domain name is: vn.fedoracommunity.org
>    I will maintain the site myself. You now, I am the only Fedora Ambassador
>    in Vietnam.
>
>    I will have a blog/wiki style website, and may also have a Fedora
>    Vietnamese forum with this sub domain.

I'm certain the Board would be delighted to see a Vietnamese community
site.  Generally we like to see a mockup or the live site in order to
do an approval.  Then we would set the vn.fc.o domain to point to your
site.  Do you have something prepared already we can look at?

>    I also need an official mailing list for the local community:
>    VN-community at lists.fedoraproject.org.

This should be no problem.  We have several other international
community mailing lists, and we may want to follow the naming
convention they use if possible.  But regardless, it's simple to
provide this.  I believe we ask for representatives to file a ticket
at https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-infrastructure -- login with your
FAS account and password, and then fill in a mailing list ticket.

>    I am looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for your interest in helping to build Fedora community
worldwoide, Tuan.  We look forward to hearing back from you.