Post Election Thoughts

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 5 04:31:43 UTC 2010

First and foremost I'd like to thank all the people who gave their
time to help the recent elections run smoothly.

Paul for doing scheduling and other behind the scenes work. Larry for
volunteering to do the questionnaires and Paul (the other Paul) for
stepping into that role when Larry decided to run for a seat on the
board. James, Neville, Susmit, and Robyn for volunteering their time
and energy to moderate the town halls. I'm not quite sure who pitched
in from infrastructure to handle the voting app but thanks to them as
well.

All the candidates. We know it takes a lot of time to answer all our
questions and be available for town halls to answer more questions.
While historically and again this election cycle turnout from the
community at town halls was light as was the number of hits for the
questionnaire, those of us who do read the answers provided by the
candidates and who do come to the town halls to ask questions really
appreciate this effort from the candidates. Thank you all.

I've mostly enjoyed working on the elections the past few releases in
one way or another. I'm off now to devote my time in other ways and
would like to encourage anyone interested in helping make the next
elections run smoothly to let us know. I'm happy to help whoever steps
into this role with whatever bits of knowledge I've acquired over the
past couple of years from my election mischief.

John