Planet Fedora guidelines?

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jun 18 14:24:06 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-06-18 at 17:13 +0300, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> On 06/18/2010 05:03 PM, Máirín Duffy wrote:
> > http://feedproxy.google.com/~r/oktarahadian/~3/3LGRNs5v_cw/
> >

> > Is it just me who takes issue with a 400x400 px ubuntu logo on the top
> > Planet Fedora?
>
> I find it disturbing too but I would hate to have policies and
> enforcement, is a slippery slope on which if we engage may find
> ourselves  in a less friendly place.

The problem is, while to you and me it is obvious that a huge ubuntu
logo as your first post on Planet Fedora is at best dumb and at worst
rude and adversarial, it seems it is not to some of the people we've
been nice enough to give the open privilege to post to our planet.

I think just letting it go makes it appear to be an ok thing to do when
it's NOT.

Maybe we don't need policies and enforcement (I certainly think they are
an annoying overhead on top of anything they are applied to), but I
certainly do not want to have to tolerate this kind of crap and enable
people to be less than excellent *just* for the sake of not having
policies and enforcement.

The person is apparently a new FAS account holder and a recent Planet
Fedora addition, and just may not understand. And how would he if we
don't have any guidelines written anywhere?

~m