Planet Fedora guidelines?

inode0 inode0 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 18 15:52:10 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jun 18, 2010 at 10:41 AM, seth vidal <skvidal at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-06-18 at 10:36 -0500, inode0 wrote:
>> > Secondly, are you criticizing me for bringing this up at all? How have I
>> > been not excellent in bringing up the issue here? Should I have kept my
>> > mouth shut? Is what I've written in protest really offensive or hurtful
>> > to the poster in question?
>>
>> I hope you know by now that I *know* you are one of the most excellent
>> people I know.
>>
>> I do, however, think that all the high level emphasis and talk about
>> hall monitoring, toxic and poisonous people, etc. is not only not
>> helping to solve any problem but is creating a harmful atmosphere of
>> control and intolerance that is not what the Fedora Project needs.
>
> Fantastic.
>
> So - Mo is excellent but the hall monitors and pointing out that there
> are specific monsters in the fedora community is harmful to the project.

Actually you have twisted things a bit here. The hall monitors are
excellent too although I think the hall monitoring policy is doing
more harm than good. Who has pointed out specific monsters in the
fedora community? I only see abstract talk about toxic and poisonous
people leaving the readers to wonder who all that talk is about. Yes,
I think the board acting to deal with "specific monsters in the fedora
community" would be nice, yacking about it in the abstract for months
on end isn't making this a nicer community.

John