proposal for the board: planet fedora != fedora people

Mon Jun 21 07:32:20 UTC 2010

2010/6/19 Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org>:

[snip]

> But I was referring to the thread as a whole, not the original post:
>
> http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/advisory-board/2010-June/008481.html
>
> "It's not clear this person has contributed to Fedora in any way. He
> just added himself to our planet this week and has been an account
> holder for less than a month. His hugeass ubuntu logo is accompanied by
> a form for some ubuntu product that asks a lot of personal information.

As far as I can recall, for a blog to be syndicated on the Planet a
couple of things need to happen:

- person needs to have a FAS account
- person needs to have a fedorapeople account for the .planet file

While the former is click-through, the latter requires the sign-off
from a group sponsor. Is it possible to figure out as to whether the
sponsor might want to put a nice word about the inappropriate-ness of
the graphic ?

--
sankarshan mukhopadhyay
<http://sankarshan.randomink.org/blog>