proposal for the board: planet fedora != fedora people

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Mon Jun 21 08:28:30 UTC 2010

On 06/21/2010 09:52 AM, Nicu Buculei wrote:
> On 06/18/2010 10:16 PM, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
>>
>> #3: I think the reasons for doing so are just entirely too
>> big-brotherish.  Seriously: We've had issues in the past where people
>> have posted questionable content - and I'll just say Nicu, because I'm
>> sure he's reading this (HI NICU!) and there's no point in being
>> subtle, and I think that's the scenario most people are thinking of.
>> Now, I happen to enjoy Nicu's photos and content and I actively go out
>> out of my way to read his non-planet postings - which are non-planet
>> because someone -just talked- to him.  As a -Friend- would.
>
> Actually I went the extra-mile and moved my photography posts to a
> different blog, to have complete freedom and don't be bothered about
> what some or other people think is politically correct.

Oh, I think it will be useful for me to share a bit more about my
self-censoring: after the "upskirt incident" I didn't care about flames,
about people insulting me, trying to google bomb me or being listed on
hate sites - from those I got traffic, page rand and a few AdSense
dollars, what really did matter for me were the reactions of 3 people in
the community I have respect for (no names given, hope they recognize
themselves):
- someone *friendly* adviced me in a *private* message to not publish
again such type of content;
- someone else, also in a private message, told me to not put at hearth
all the flames;
- someone from whom I didn't expected to, came to some degree publicly
in my defense, albeit on some technicality.

So my take is: don't get aggressive on this new guy, or anyone else, be
friendly, we want to grow him in a full contributor, not alienate him.