Planet Fedora guidelines?

Nicu Buculei nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro
Fri Jun 25 06:05:56 UTC 2010

On 06/25/2010 07:25 AM, inode0 wrote:

> Unless something has changed and I missed the memo I thought the
> planet was for contributors to share their thoughts about Fedora and
> pretty much anything else they cared to talk about. It really was
> never meant to be a press feed, it wasn't ever meant to be about only
> Fedora (or some percentage that someone determines about Fedora or
> ...), it wasn't meant to be the place to send new people unless they
> were adventurous.

AFAIK, we never had an official definition of what Planet Fedora is,
myself I used a definition for it similar with the one on Planet GNOME
("Planet GNOME is a window into the world, work and lives of GNOME
hackers and contributors.") - this is something I wish we also had on
the Planet page.

> I think the planet is fine without new rules and I think this
> conversation should probably be happening on the planet rather than
> here so planet participants can be engaged. Planet posters seem to me
> to largely be doing a good job of running the planet community in a
> friendly way without our help.

PS: as hard it is to find, we really do have
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Planet