Wiki page for country

Jon Stanley jonstanley at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 01:19:08 UTC 2010

On Sat, Jun 26, 2010 at 1:56 PM, Paul W. Frields <stickster at gmail.com> wrote:

> To redirect a fedoracommunity.org domain to an official
> fedoraproject.org site is technically feasible.  But to do that, the
> site content would be restricted to only material that can normally be
> included on fedoraproject.org sites.  This issue is probably something
> the Board should discuss: Should we permit a fedoracommunity.org
> subdomain to resolve to any official Fedora Project site/page?

I guess the question that this brings up is twofold:

1) If the local community leaders want to redirect to an official fp,o
page, who are we to tell them what they can or cannot do (given the
constraints of appropriate use of the Fedora marks, for instance).
However, this leads to:
2) If what the local community wants to do falls entirely within the
Fedora Project content guidelines, what's the point of the
fedoracommunity.org subdomain?

So I guess I'm leaning -1 to redirects for now. Of course, on the
externally hosted site, if the local community wants to link to
official Fedora content, I'd say that's welcomed and encouraged :)

As an aside, I clicked on the fedoracommunity.org link accidentally in
the previous mail, and it went to a DNS error :(.  I'm not sure if the
websites team would be interested in providing a landing page for
fedoracommunity.org leading to what subdomains currently exist, with
appropriate disclaimers that the content is not controlled by the
Fedora Project,