Planet Fedora guidelines?

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Tue Jun 29 14:18:20 UTC 2010

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 06:24:33AM -0700, Robyn Bergeron wrote:
> 2010/6/29 Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org>:
> > On Fri, 2010-06-18 at 16:50 -0400, Greg DeKoenigsberg wrote:
> >> There's a difference between:
> >>
> >> "Dude, huge Ubuntu logo.  That's annoying."
> >>
> >> And:
> >>
> >> "Dude, huge Ubuntu logo.  That's annoying, so let's forbid it."
> >>
> >> The former is an expression of taste, one that I might even agree with
> >> (although in this case I don't.)
> >>
> >> The latter is an attempt to change policy.
> >>
> >> Mo, you're getting pushback on the latter, not the former.  We are all
> >> entitled to our opinions -- but when we use those opinions as a basis
> >> to change policy, then we should expect those opinions to receive
> >> closer scrutiny.
> >
> > Thread's dead. Please. I can't take anymore.
>
> I think his intention was for this to post last week, as his sent date
> was the 18th, but I (and I'm assuming, like you) didn't get it till
> this morning.

This is my fault.  These were sitting in the queue for some time, and
I hadn't noticed the moderator messages in my email folders.

Just discarding them seemed less transparent.  They were sent a while
back and this was not the result of anyone trying to resurrect a dead
thread.  Sorry for creating a bad impression.