Stable release updates vision

Bill Nottingham notting at redhat.com
Fri Mar 12 22:07:22 UTC 2010

Jaroslav Reznik (jreznik at redhat.com) said:
> introduce mine - to satisfy my "I do care").
> Here we're on board level and I think it's crucial to start from here, from
> the top. It's non sense for me to try to define updates policies without
> knowing who these policies targets! I know you're working on such definition -
> even I don't like the current way ;-) - but we need it first before redefining
> how Fedora works now! So please - defer this decision by target audience  is
> set (but I'm not against small steps to make it working better in current
> situation)

The page itself says:
The first, and foremost, is keeping in mind the broad criteria the Board
set out for the entire Fedora distribution, which describe someone who:

   1. is voluntarily switching to Linux
   2. is familiar with computers but is not necessarily a hacker or developer
   3. is likely to collaborate in some fashion when something's wrong with Fedora, and
   4. wants to use Fedora for general productivity, either using desktop applications or a Web browser.

Is that not defined enough, or expected to change?

Bill